|Job Description||Human Resources Manager||Job Category||Manager|
|Department/Group||Leadership Team||Travel Required||No|
|Position Type||Full Time||Location||Thornton, CO|
HR Contact: Ryan & Sara Knutson
Please send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Subject Line: HR Manager Position
*Resumes and cover letters must be submitted by January 21st, 2018
We are currently looking for a powerhouse Human Resources Manager who is interested in leaving the corporate shackles behind to join our growing company in helping make critical decisions that will help shape the company from a strategic and operational perspective. The right candidate will look and act professionally, but understand that we have a unique work environment, as we are the largest audio, lighting and video production company in Colorado and our equipment and people are working worldwide every day of the year.
The Manager of Human Resources will be a core member of Brown Note’s leadership team. If you’re passionate about HR strategy, building a robust recruitment plan of action and managing day-to-day HR operations, we want you on our team!
Roles and Responsibilities
Brown Note has experienced tremendous growth in the last 5 years, and we don’t expect that momentum to slow any time soon. The right candidate for this position will be a self-starter who is just as comfortable working autonomously as they are with the owners, executive management and the entire staff. This candidate should be culture-focused with the ability to adapt in a high stress fast paced environment, bringing enthusiasm to the office, and the willingness to do whatever it takes while offering up new ideas and programs.
Beyond the daily duties we list below, the Human Resources Manager will set the human capital strategy for the company, helping to build strong pipelines of qualified candidates to our current team. This includes working with our senior leadership on the development and execution of a high-quality internship program, cultivation of our own top talent, as well as attracting and recruiting new members to the Brown Note family.
In addition, we are looking for someone that can help develop, coach and support our leadership team by providing resources and training in areas such as performance management and employee relations. We have the leading experts in the fields of audio, lighting and video on our team and performance management wasn’t always something they learned while on the road with the world’s finest musical acts. The right candidate will understand this and help grow these skills of our leadership team.
Your Day to Day job will also include:
• Creation of job descriptions, active recruitment through inquiries made through Brown Note’s website, as well as industry networking;
• Screening and preliminary interviews of most candidates;
• Onboarding of new employees.
• Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs. Works closely with payroll regarding benefit premiums.
• Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Controls and monitors the administration of all human resource activities and policies.
• Directs implementation of policies, programs, and procedures.
• Advises management and employees on HR questions or problems.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
Risk Management & Safety Assessment
• Work directly with Operations and Warehouse team to ensure OSHA compliance and overall safety training of entire staff.
• Maintain and monitor Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5-7 years human resources experience, 3 of those years preferably in a leadership role
• Computer Skills: MS Office, Outlook/Google Email, Google Drive
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Retirement Planning
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off