|Job Title||Head of Visual Department||Job Category||Manager|
|Position Type||Salary||Location||Thornton, CO|
Will Train Applicants
HR Contact: Ryan & Sara Knutson
Please send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Subject Line: Head of Visual Department Position
Roles and Responsibilities
The Head of the Visual Department will be based in our Thornton, CO Headquarters. This position will be responsible for managing the department of the visual division. The position will manage a team of people including project managers and visual technicians ranging in experience. The position will also oversee the visual events of the company and will be required to manage, travel and oversee various events. This position will also be responsible for managing all the paperwork (prep, rigging, labels, etc) for the department events and work with the project manager to produce them, This position will also travel to industry trade shows and recommend purchases for the department. This person will also travel to the client events and represent the company in a lead/ production management position
• Manage all Visual events for the Company
• Supervise pulling of shows, quality control of gear, and return of gear thru use of business channels
• Manage and update event paperwork, including asset software and lighting plots
• Responsible for insuring that all regulations required for the safe use of all related electrical, lighting/video and rigging equipment be met and maintained concerning all federal and O.S.H.A. requirements
• Supervise staff of Lighting Department technicians. Must be able to manage efficiently and effectively while maintaining positive morale and a proactive work environment in a fast paced warehouse
• Train and supervise staff of lighting/video technicians, and educate events leads and shop staff on all lighting, prepping, rigging and power system capabilities and general usage
• Ability to read and understand detailed lighting design and plotting for pertaining shows
• Supervise the transportation of all related lighting/video equipment.
• Participate in the warehouse on-call management rotation and be available to make each show happen no matter what it takes.
• Review and approve orders in keeping with company policy.
• Follow all Warehouse policies and procedures
Must have a strong knowledge of advanced lighting equipment operation through past work experience, excellent customer service skills, and have managerial abilities to schedule and supervise employees. Must be able to manage a team of employees and have previous experience doing so in an office setting. Must be up to date with the latest lighting technology including Wysiwyg & Vectorworks. Must have working knowledge of moving light repair, programming, and operation. Must be highly proficient in entertainment rigging and electricity.
• Manage all assigned projects for lighting system prep/design/paperwork
• Manage and complete cable, rigging, power plots and set up final equipment lists for Management and Warehouse.
• Assist Warehouse event prep/sub hires/pick ups/deliveries/returns with shop labor based on rental software and Warehouse scheduling.
• Assist in all Company related event equipment prep where needed
• Festivals, tours, one-offs, weekend, corporate or any applicable Company event.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma
Must know Wysiwig & Vectorworks
15 years in the touring, concert, event industry
15 years in managing multiple technical people
(3) Three industry references
Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Email, All system related software knowledge required.
15 years of experience in technical event operations and production