|Job Title||Lighting Technician – L2||Job Category||Technician|
|Position Type||Hourly||Location||Thornton, CO|
Will Train Applicants
HR Contact: Sara Knutson
Please send Resume & Cover Letter to:
Subject Line: Lighting Technician – L2
The Lighting Technician – L2 will be based in our Thornton, CO Warehouse. This position will be responsible for working in the Lighting/Video division. This position will travel extensively to events, set up, work, and tear down and prep events in the warehouse. Lighting design experience is a plus but not necessary, as this job is project based in nature.
• Work in the Lighting/ Video department for the Company
• Pulling of shows, quality control of gear, and return of gear
• Must be able to understand and navigate event paperwork, including asset software and lighting plots
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively while maintaining positive morale and a proactive work environment in a fast paced warehouse
• Must be able to repair lighting/video equipment according to the manufacturer guidelines
• Work with shop staff on all lighting/video, prepping, rigging and power system capabilities and general usage
• Ability to read and understand detailed lighting design and plotting for pertaining shows
• Load/ Unload transportation of all related lighting/video equipment.
• Must be able to lead a crew
Must have a strong knowledge of lighting equipment operation through past work experience, excellent customer service skills, and have abilities to work with crews on a daily basis. Must be up to date with the latest lighting/video technology. Must have working knowledge of moving light repair, programming, and operation. Must be actively learning rigging and electricity.
• Prep all assigned projects for lighting/video events thru the use of paperwork and prodedures
• Work with Lighting- L1’s and help them to complete cable, rigging, power plots and set up final equipment for them to review
• Assist Warehouse event prep/sub hires/pick ups/deliveries/returns with shop labor based on rental software and Warehouse scheduling.
• Festivals, tours, one-offs, weekend, corporate or any applicable Company event.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School Diploma
Must know Wysiwig & Vectorworks
5+ years in the touring, concert, event industry
5+ years in managing multiple technical people
(3) Three industry references
Computer Skills: Excel, Word, Email, All system related software knowledge required.
5 years minimum of experience in technical event operations and production